__ | __|__ | __| | | | | __ | | | | |__|__ | __| | | | | __ | | | | | __|__ | | | | |__| | | | | __ | | | | |__|__ | _Joseph Whipple _____| | (.... - 1802) | | | __ | | | | | __|__ | | | | | __| | | | | | | | | __ | | | | | | | | |__|__ | | | | |__| | | | | __ | | | | | __|__ | | | | |__| | | | | __ | | | | |__|__ | | |--Hezekiah Cooke Whipple | (1787 - 1835) | __ | | | __|__ | | | __| | | | | | | __ | | | | | | |__|__ | | | __| | | | | | | __ | | | | | | | __|__ | | | | | | |__| | | | | | | __ | | | | | | |__|__ | | |_____________________| | | __ | | | __|__ | | | __| | | | | | | __ | | | | | | |__|__ | | |__| | | __ | | | __|__ | | |__| | | __ | | |__|__
!SOURCE: Email from email hidden to the Whipple Website, 14 Apr 2011. Adds birth date:
"Hezekiah Cooke Whipple, a Minor, upwards of fourteen year of age, and son of Joseph Whipple, late of this Town, deceased, appeared before this Court and made choice of Jeremiah Jenckes, Taylor, for his Guardian. Decreed thenceforth that the said Jeremiah Jenckes, be, and is hereby appointed Guardian of the person and Estate of the said Hezekiah, and that Letters of Guardianship be granted him accordingly, he giving Bond in the sum of One hundred dollars, with John C. Jenckes and Moses Eddy; as Sureties, for the faithful performance of his said trust." -- Mentioned in Guardianship [Municipal Court of the City of Providence] in 1802 A3636, film #0915121
!SOURCE: Email from Anne Billeter (email hidden) to Weldon Whipple, 16 Apr 2018. Cites Andrews, Alfred. "Genealogy and Ecclesiastical History [of the First Church and Society of New Britain, Hartford County, Connecticut], c.1867, p. 295-6:
525. "Sarah, wife of Hezekiah C. Whipple," to church October 7th, 1821, baptized same time; her maiden name Capron. They lived next south of Alvin North. He was a jeweler from Providence, R. I.; born Feb. 22d, 1787 married July 23d, 1808. No. (525.) He died July 23d, 1835, aged 47. She was born Oct. 24th, 1787, at Providence, R. I., died Nov. 24th, 1825, aged 38.
- Ann Jane, born Nov. 12th, 1808, bap. October 21st, married March 14th, Ethiel Sanger, of Ludlow, Mass.
- Joseph, born Sept. 19th, 1811, bap. Oct. 21st, 1821.
- William C., born April 5th, 1814, bap. Oct. 21st, 1821, see No. (749.)
- Charlotte C., born Nov. 28th, 1815, bap. Oct. 21st, 1821.
- Christopher C., born July 7th, 1818 died March 11th, 1820, aged two years.
- Frances, born Aug. 26th, 1821, bap. Oct. 21st, 1821, married Nov. 26th, 1846, George A. Richards, of North Haven."
You didn't have Ann Jane. I've looked high and low for her with her husband, unsuccessfully. There is an Ithiel Sanger in the area, but he married prior to Ann's marriage date, and stayed married to his wife past Ann's marriage date. I followed that family a long ways to verify that Ithiel was NOT her husband.
RIN 57934. Quick link to this page: https://whipple.org/57934
View this person at db.whipple.org: https://db.whipple.org/57934